As part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, I have been working on UFOs based on the color of the month. Green is our color for May, and I realized that I have made 3 different 9-patch quilts that were each primarily green. I pulled out this collection of leftovers from a Blooming Nine-Patch that I made around 2005. The box contained leftover blocks plus sample blocks with fabrics that weren't used in the final quilt. There were also quite a few pre-cut strips, some of which were already sewn up into strip sets, plus I have some yardage of all the fabrics.
I have been trying out different arrangements of blocks on the design wall and making more blocks from the pre-made strip sets. I need to find something with a little more punch to it for the center, but otherwise this is coming together nicely.
The other UFO that features green is my Boston Fiesta quilt, which is now a finished top! I finished joining all the blocks together a couple days ago and added the green border today. I have a fabulous bright print that I was planning to use for the back, but when I went to press it, I discovered that it is stretchy on the crosswise grain. There must be some spandex or something like that in there. I bought the fabric at a discount fabric store 10 years ago, so there is no way to tell now. I am searching my stash for other backing options.
|Boston Fiesta top|
60" x 74"
|Boston Fiesta reject backing|
|Dancing Stars 60" x 77"|
pattern by Amy Ellis
Julie in GA