Friday, October 3, 2014

Tell It to the Stars 10/3/14

Our September/October assignment for Judy L's Tell It to the Stars mystery was to add sashing and cornerstones to the blocks we had been making since January. For a change, I decided to get mine done right away at the beginning of the month. I completed this part a few weeks ago, leaving me to wait until November for the next step.



One big difference between my quilt and others is that I have been going somewhat scrappy. I wish I had mixed it up even more, especially with the background fabrics. I used a different background in each block, but it might have been even better if each block had a mix of several backgrounds. I also used a fabric for the sashing which is darker than the background, making my blocks look more boxed in instead of floating like other versions.

All that's left to do on this quilt are the borders. Judy has told us to expect some straight and one pieced. That's no surprise since we know how Judy loves her pieced borders. I can't wait to see what she has planned!

To see other interpretations of the mystery, go to Patchwork Times.

Happy quilting!

Julie in GA

5 comments:

  1. Your version looks great. I love the colors. What a great way to use up scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your idea of a darker fabric for the sashing make a difference that I like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used a different background in each square, and using a darker fabric for sashing was a super idea! Your quilt is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like yours! the different backgrounds all play togeterh nicely, and the sashing is great, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...