Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Scraptastic Tuesday!


I recently discovered a new weekly series of posts called Scraptastic Tuesday. The posts are hosted by Leanne at she can quilt and by Nicky at Mrs. Sew and Sow. As you have probably figured out, their posts are all about scrappy quilts, one of my favorite things! Once a month, they are hosting a linkup, and today is the day for the rest of us to share our scrappy projects. 

I have two current scrappy quilt projects in the works that were both started as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  Up first are my Rainbow LeMoyne Stars. Since January I have been making 6" LeMoyne Star blocks, usually 8 or 9 each month in whatever color has been assigned for the month. Here is a small selection of my finished blocks. I expect to end up with enough blocks for two lap or kid's quilts.



Along with those, I have also been making one 12" star each month. I am planning to make one more block in blacks and greys for the center of this group.


My other on-going scrappy project is Scrappy Hexie Stars and Snowflakes. I began hand-stitching hexies in August of 2013, mostly as a way to fill the time during my morning train commute to work. I have tried to make one large star and two "snowflakes" each month, again using the assigned color from the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I have completed most of the colors, and now I am starting to add background hexies to the stars, as you can see on the large green star at the upper right. 


I am so excited to check out the other posts for Scraptastic Tuesday! You can visit Leanne and Nicky's blogs to see all the scrappy goodness!

Julie in GA

9 comments:

  1. What great scrappy projects and I love the idea of the RSC14! Thanks for the shout out and for linking up to Scraptastic Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scrappy projects are going to be so pretty when they are done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun stars, great way to use up scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your scrappy hexie stars and snowflakes, they look great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...