I finally have a major finish to report--my Storm at Sea quilt top is done!!! At times it seemed like it would never end. The quilt was begun in 2001 after I found this fabulous background fabric with sea anemones on it. I had already amassed a large collection of teal/blue/green/purple fabrics.
There are just over 3500 pieces in this quilt. I worked on the piecing on and off for a couple years, but kept setting it aside in favor of other projects. For some reason, 2012 became the right time to get it done! I have quite a few projects that have been hanging around for a long time, and I hope to get some others finished this year too.
I have been reporting stash usage on this quilt as I cut new pieces, but hadn't figured out the yardage used for the parts that were already cut. It feels so good to see the numbers go up for fabric used. Even better is seeing the result of all those hours at the sewing machine laid out on my bed! Tomorrow I will post a photo of the full quilt .
Used this week: 12-1/2 yards
Used year to date: 27-1/2 yards