Sunday, June 26, 2016

Stash Report Sunday 6/26/16

The past week was one of those times when I was totally obsessed with a quilt project. Fortunately, my sweet husband was very supportive of all the time I spent cutting and sewing, and he even took me to two stores yesterday to find fabric for the back of the quilt.

The quilt that was filling all my time was the Rainbow Hearts quilt that will be going to Orlando for the survivors or families of victims of the Pulse nightclub shooting. I made a total of 53 blocks, got 48 of them all joined together, and added borders to the quilt top. The remaining 5 blocks were pieced into the quilt back. Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of the whole quilt yet, but I hope to get some later today and post them soon. Here are a few of the blocks from the center of the quilt.




STASH TOTALS: 

     Used this week:           10.5 yards     
Used year to date:       47.25 yards

Stashed this week:          5.0 yards
Stashed year to date:    40.25 yards 

 Net year to date:   7 yards used


I am joining Kate at Life in Pieces in tracking the number of days each week that I spend at least 15 minutes quilting. It was a good week for getting time in the sewing room every single day.


15 Minute Challenge:  
June 19 - 25              7 of 7 days
Year to date          164 of 177 days



350 Block Challenge at Prairie Moon Quilts
Blocks made this week: 46



Check out more stash reports at Patchwork Times.  

Julie in GA

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful hearts, it's a perfect quilt for Orlando. You got a lot done in one week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are perfect for the Orlando cause. Love all the bright colorful hearts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...