Monday, February 29, 2016

Design Wall Monday 2/29/16

After sharing my pink and brown Shooting Stars blocks with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge on Saturday, I got so many lovely comments about the blocks that I felt the need to make some more blocks to go with them. Here is the newest addition to the collection. You can see the other blocks HERE.



"Shooting Stars" is the name we were given for this pattern in the class I took back in 2010. Another RSC participant, Libby in TN, showed photos of two quilts she is making that use the same block, but her version is called "Wink and a Smile." She said it is an out-of-print pattern by Lisa Christensen.

I discovered that I had saved a photo of another version of this block on my Pinterest account. It is linked to a tutorial at Anyone Can Quilt with detailed instructions for how to make the block.

I have a whole stack of pink and brown fabrics, enough to make a huge quilt of these stars, but I'm not sure I want another pink and brown quilt. What I really want to do with this pattern is make it in red, white & blue as a Quilt of Valor, but that idea will have to wait until another day.

I am sharing with Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times and Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt.



Julie in GA

2 comments:

  1. thank you for finding the instructions, it is a really beautiful block! I have now turned it into a PDF and saved it. Love your blocks !!! they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great star block! Thank you for the link to the tutorial. I'm seeing Shooting Stars in my future.
    Marlene
    marlene@coveredinstitches.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...