Saturday, February 27, 2016

RSC Brown and Pink

There hasn't been much opportunity for quilting lately, plus I just couldn't get excited about working with my brown scraps this month. However, I didn't want to completely miss out on linking up to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, so I made two more pink and brown Shooting Stars blocks to go with the two that were already finished.



These blocks are quite large, finishing at 14" before they get the tilted frames. I already have one pink and brown bed quilt and don't really want another one. Maybe I will make more of these blocks and turn them into a donation quilt.

Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday. 

Julie in GA

25 comments:

  1. interesting how piecing the block makes it sparkle! LEeanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wonky frames really add to the movement of the blocks, a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW I love these blocks! So unusual and eye-catching ; they really pop. What a nice pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are AWESOME blocks!! Can't wait to see those come together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those blocks are big and beautiful! Great pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an incredible block!! Sorry to hear that you weren't feeling the BROWN and pink love this month. Never fear... a NEW color is coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful blocks. A donation quilt will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those stars are out of this world. And your piecing is meticulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing block! The second I saw them I knew I wanted to make some but can't find the pattern by googling. Would you please let us know where you got it from. I can't wait to see what the finished quilt looks like. Rina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love your blocks!! Such an interesting, gorgeous looking design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those shooting stars. Haven't seen those before. I like them even before they're tilted.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow these are really impressive blocks. You must be pleased with how they are looking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I Love those! You pick the best quilt blocks to make.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this block. It looks so complicate to make. Is there a pattern somewhere I could get my hands on please? Your rendition is gorgeous. ;^)
    scrap(dot)and(dot)quilts via gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are really neat stars, and I love the look of the wonky setting! I am curious about the pattern you used for them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is such a striking block (no pun intended!), even in browns. Someone, someday, will love to have a quilt made from those beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These blocks are going to make an amazing quilt. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...