Saturday, May 30, 2015

Surrounded by Greens

This has been a very busy month of playing with my green scraps as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I made blocks for my two ongoing RSC projects, plus I finished two quilt tops that feature green, and I have a third top getting close to completion.

My two regular RSC projects for 2015 have been the Rainbow Bowties and the appliqued circles blocks. Here is what I finished on those for the month. I might make a few more green bowties before June arrives, and one of the circles still needs to be stitched down.




I couldn't resist putting all of my circle blocks up on the wall to see the different colors together. I am so excited with the way this quilt is looking!


"True Colors" pattern by Nancy Mahoney
from her book Simple Circles and Quick Curves


My first green UFO for the month was the Boston Fiesta quilt. I completed the quilt top two weeks ago and pieced the backing a few days later. 


Boston Fiesta backing
Boston Fiesta 60" x 74"






After completing the Boston Fiesta, I pulled out a box of leftovers, most of them green, from a quilt I made in 2005. There were nine-patch blocks, strip sets, pre-cut strips and chunks of fabrics. With that collection plus a few additions from my stash, I had enough to make two quilt tops. The first is a Blooming Ninepatch, and the second (unfinished) I am calling Improvisation in Green. I hope to finish assembling that top today.

Green Blooming Ninepatch
57" x 76"
Improvisation in Green

Check out all of the terrific scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I will also be linking up on Sunday to Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than Housework.


Julie in GA

16 comments:

  1. I love those appliqued circles, and the bowties always make me think of tile floors. All your projects look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice projects but I especially like the circle/black & white blocks! What a great idea. That is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful projects. That circle quilt is going to be stunning when done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The circles look amazing! I can't wait until they're done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely projects--especially like the bow ties....hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boston Fiesta just dances. Love the appliqued circles on the black and white. What a wonderful quilt this will be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Circle Quilt so much that I bought the book to make my own. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those circles are just stunning! Though I love all your quilt tops madly...

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh I am loving seeing the circle quilt grow. I just adore it. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow!! Your appliquéd circle set is a beauty. Your two quilts - Green Blooming Ninepatch and your Improvisation in Green are a delight, boy you have had a busy month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you had an excellent month! Your scrappy projects are looking great, I love those circle blocks. The Blooming 9 Patch is gorgeous, the colors in it just glow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun to see all the circles together - lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, productive lady! Those circle blocks are going to make for a striking quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The circles project is just fabulous . . . love seeing all the colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been waiting to see your circle blocks with all the colors on your design wall. I love it!! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the circle blocks and the Boston Fiesta - wow! That is super fun to look at! It kind of reminds me of the popular 'Magic Eye" images that were so trendy back in the 90's.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...