Saturday, January 10, 2015

Scraphappy Saturday in Blue 1/10/15

I don't have a whole lot to show for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge today because most of my week was spent cutting and prepping fabrics for a couple of quilts.

I cut black and white print squares to use for the backgrounds on my version of "True Colors". You can see the original quilt in my post from last week. I see from the photo that I need to cut lots more dark squares. 


I also appliqued a few blue circles to those background blocks. I can get most of one circle stitched on my ride to work if I have it pinned to the background and ready to sew.



Check out all of the terrific scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I'm sure we will have another amazing, colorful year!

Julie in GA

12 comments:

  1. I'm always amazed at how colours just pop on black and white. Your version of true colours should be so dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you got pretty far to me! What size are those blocks? And I love your assortment of b/w fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your black and white colours and how the blues pop out. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, Julie. I love the blue circles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. True Colors is going to be fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those little blue circles against the B/W prints...so modern looking hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how colors pop with B/W prints! You have a nice collection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blue looks great on your background fabrics. Great start!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is going to be a stunning quilt - I look forward to watching it over the coming months!

    ReplyDelete
  10. True Colors is going to be gorgeous! That blue really pops against those black fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...