Saturday, January 3, 2015

A New Year for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge

Hurray for another year of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge! I always look forward to getting up on Saturday and seeing the fabulous projects that everyone has linked up. Thanks to Angela for continuing to host, and also to Vicki Welsh for her sponsorship. 


RSC 15

My main RSC project last year was making LeMoyne Star blocks. Each month I made a batch of 6" stars and one 12" star. On New Years Eve, I managed to complete two more quilt tops from my blocks. I finished the pieced border on one top and decided not to add any more borders to the other. These two tops
join the baby quilt top that I showed last week


Rainbow LeMoyne #2
45" x 60"

Rainbow LeMoyne #3
46" x 60.5"

I have continued working on my Scrap Hexies project, which was begun in August, 2013. All of the stars and snowflakes are made, and I am adding background to the large stars. Before long I will be able to start joining the parts together!



I haven't completely decided on my new projects for the RSC this year. One that I am very excited about is a new hand applique project, which will become my handwork while riding the train to work since the hexie stars are getting too big to handle easily. The pattern is called "True Colors" and it is from the book Simple Circles and Quick Curves by Nancy Mahoney. I love the 3-D effect of the light and dark backgrounds.


"True Colors" by Nancy Mahoney

Check out all of the terrific scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I'm sure we will have another amazing, colorful year!

Julie in GA

15 comments:

  1. Oh True Colors looks like a great project for RSC15, Julie. I love how your stars turned out!! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stars and snowflakes just pop with colour. What a fun quilt this will be. True colours looks like a good candidate for RSC15. Love the 2014 finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All three LeMoyne quilts turned out beautifully. The pieced border on #2 works perfectly with that setting.

    Your 2015 RSC project is going to be another gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like that true colors. What a great idea to use the travel time to stitch ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your rainbow quilts are stunning. The true color quilt is way outside my comfort zone but it will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh la la! I love the stars. The new quilt looks very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your LeMoyne stars are gorgeous! I am joining RSC for the first time in hopes of creating some quilts from my scraps. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilts have all turned out great! The True Colors quilt looks like it will be fun to do. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, gosh..what a bunch of eye candy. True Colors looks like it will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful stars! Love the new project too. So fun to see all the new things people are working on today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of your Lemoyne Star quilts came out great! The stars really sparkle in each quilt. The True Colors project looks like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your stars look great! True Colors looks like a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your 2014 projects are really finishing up nicely. Love those circles. The background really does make them POP.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your blocks and quilts from prior years. Your new choice looks challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your colorful blocks and quilts : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...