Saturday, January 17, 2015

Singing the Scraphappy Blues

Actually, I am not singing the blues at all today. In fact I am almost giddy with excitement because I had expected to work this morning, but found out last night that the work call had been cancelled. Woohoo!! A free morning! Of course, there are plenty of things I should take care of around the house, but first I am going to take some time to catch up on blogging.

I have added more blocks to my appliqued circles project (True Colors from the book Simple Circles and Quick Curves by Nancy Mahoney.)  My new leader-and-ender project for this year is going to be a rainbow of bowties. I have been cutting a ton of light neutral background squares, and I will make bowties in the assigned color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge each month. So far I have 13 blocks done and another dozen or so partially made. I hope to make around 30 blocks each month and end up with enough for a good-sized throw.



I have continued working on an old Rainbow Scrap project, my Scrap Hexies. The pieces have become too large for me to keep stitching them on the train to work in the mornings, but I am getting some stitching time while watching TV at night. Background hexies have been added to the yellow star, which leaves only 3 more stars needing background. Then I can start joining everything together and come up with a plan for how to finish the outside edges.



Check out all of the terrific scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I am also linking up with Help for Hexie-aholics at Sarah Did It! On Sunday I will also link up with Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than housework.


RSC 15Quilting is more fun than Housework

Julie in GA

19 comments:

  1. Those circles on the light and dark are stunning. I can hardly wait to see the finished quilt when it turns rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprise free days-off are the best! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with Sally, those circles are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got some fun projects going. Love the circles and the bow ties. Enjoy your suddenly free morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those bow ties are great and the circles look wonderful, too. Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your circle blocks... they are wonderful and have given me an idea to try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to have a leader ender project to make piecing of other blocks flow more smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love seeing the progress on your two projects. Doesn't it feel great to feel that forward going movement? Love your new leader and ender project. What a great way to work on the RSC15. I invite you to link to WIPs Be Gone to show others how this can be done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I may have to get that book. Your True Colors is gorgeous. I love the 3D effect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am enjoying the circle blocks very much! Leeanna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice. I love leader and ender projects!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like all of your projects, but the circles are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great scrappy projects. I especially like those circle blocks. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The applique circle blocks are stunning! Bowties are one of my favorite blocks. I love all of your blue bowties.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely blocks... I kind of wish I had opted for scrappy backgrounds on my bowties after seeing yours. One day I am going to make a scrappy blue & cream/tan quilt as they always catch my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love, LOVE, love the scrap hexies! I have been thinking about starting a new hexie project (mostly for the cruise in Oct.) but I have several going I should just finish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I finally joined the rainbow scrap challenge this year because I watched your hexie blocks last year! I chose not to do a hexie related project but I'm enjoying it so far. I'm looking forward to your hexie stars coming together!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...