Monday, October 15, 2012

Design Wall Monday 10/15/12


There's not much that is new on my design wall this week.  I remade two  of the Grandmother's Choice blocks to give them better contrast.  I need to finish up this weeks block too.  I also made two more pinwheel blocks for my red, white & blue scrappy quilt.




Now that it is starting to feel more like fall, I pulled out one of my favorite quilt tops.  The pattern is "Turning Leaves", and it was originally published in Quiltmaker magazine in 2002.  I just checked, and the pattern is still available here.  




I am continuing to hand stitch the binding on my Storm at Sea quilt.  That has become my project while watching TV at night, since it is too big to carry with me anywhere else.  I can't wait to finish and get it on my bed!

Check out what others have been working on at  Patchwork Times

Julie

8 comments:

  1. Oh Julie, what pretty things you have on your wall today!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the leaf quilt! Happy hand stitching of your binding!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing your Turning Leaves: that was the first applique pattern, actually the first finished quilt, I ever did and I was/am so proud of it. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember Turning Leaves in that Quiltmaker magazine. I've always enjoyed seeing it made up. Yours is especially nice with the batiks. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the turning leaves, that is spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Grandmother's Choice blocks...I must get caught up...these are such pretty blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Turning leaves is beautiful. I remember seeing it in the magazine and wishing I had done one like it. And your Storm at Sea is spectacular. I can see why you don't want to lug it around. It looks huge. I'd love to see how you are hand quilting that design. It looks so pretty hanging in your posted picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No hand quilting on the Storm at Sea. It would never get finished then! I had it long-arm quilted in a swirly waves pattern. I am just handstitching the binding on the back.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...