Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Trip Around the World Finished!

There have been some quilts getting finished around here lately, but I haven't been doing so well at getting photos and writing blog posts. One of the recent finishes is this Trip Around the World quilt!

Trip Around the World, 65" x 95"

One of the community service projects for Common Threads Quilters Guild this year has been making extra-long twin quilts for the Baptist Children's Home in Palmetto, GA.  I realized that a Trip Around the World design made from squares that finish at 5" would give me the size needed. These are the fabrics I chose from our community service supply.


The darker green print determined the rest of the color scheme for the quilt. I was able to find a turquoise Greek key design fabric to use on the back. It was quilted by Nancy Matheson, the head of our Community Service committee. The same darker green print was used for the binding.



I hope this quilt brings warmth and color to one of the residents at the children's home.


I'm  linking up with:
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Monday Musings at Songbird Designs
Wednesday Wait Loss at Inquiring Quilter
Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts
Brag About Your Beauties at From Bolt to Beauty

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...