Saturday, August 15, 2026

Rail Fence Stairsteps is Finished!

Another quilt top from my large collection of rainbow quilts in the to-be-quilted closet has been finished! This is my Rail Fence Stairsteps quilt.

Rail Fence Stairsteps, 38.5" x 46.5"

The blocks for this quilt were made as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge in 2022 and 2023. I ended up with over 300 blocks, which were turned into two quilt tops. This quilt top was assembled in November, 2023, and it has been hanging around waiting to be finished ever since. 


Most of the rest of the blocks made in 2022-23 were used in the Rail Fence Zigzag quilt, which was finished in early July of this year.

Rail Fence Zigzag, 37.25" x 38.75"

The quilting is gentle curves that follow each color down the stairs, with tighter curves through the light rectangles.


I used the same tie-dye look flannel fabric as the Rail Fence Zigzag quilt to back this quilt, and finished it off with a bright turquoise binding.


This is my 12th finished quilt for 2026, which ties my record for finishes from 2025, and I still have several months left to go in the year!


I'm  linking up with:
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Monday Musings at Songbird Designs
Wednesday Wait Loss at Inquiring Quilter
Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts
Brag About Your Beauties at From Bolt to Beauty
 Rainbow Scrap Challenge at So Scrappy
Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than Housework

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

15 comments:

  1. That backing is so fun! Rail Fence looks great no matter how you arrange them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very bright and fun finish! Congrats on finishing 12 quilts this year! That is an achievement. Fingers crossed you get several more this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on so many finishes! You will smash your 2025 record at this rate! I'm trying to get WIP tops done this year. Sending them out for quilting will be in next year's budget. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both versions of your zig zag quilts. Congratulations on finishing 12 quilts so far, and the year isn't yet ovef!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love rail fence quilts and yours is super cute and happy! You’re doing a great job of quilting some of your backlog of quilt tops! My production logjam is always assembling the blocks into a flimsy - there are probably a dozen sets of blocks that keep nagging me to get with the program! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on getting 12 quilts finished so far this year. I suspect you will smash your record this year. I really like your vibrant rail fence quilts. Great job and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! From Nann on the ferry in the rain in Scotland

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are really pushing those quilts over the finish line in style. These are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow - that is a great one!!! What a fun block and the way you set them - perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both of your quilts! Rail fence blocks are so versatile in making quilt designs. Great job on the finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful! Luv the backing !

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a WOW finish! The colors are so vibrant and fun. Kudos to finishing so many project in 2026!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You go, girl! Twelve finishes is amazing. I wonder how many you’ll have by year end? I really like the quilting you did with the curves and that backing is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great finishes, Julie! You're doing great this year. Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kudos on getting so many quilts done this year! Love the stairstep look. What a pretty rainbow. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2026/08/19/wednesday-wait-loss-498

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...