As regular readers may have noticed, I've really been pushing to make progress on some of my many rainbow quilts this year. I started participating in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge in 2013, usually working on multiple projects each year, but I was always more successful at starting new projects and making blocks throughout the year than at getting all of the blocks joined together and finishing the quilts. It's time for that to change!
Last week's main accomplishment toward that goal was joining together a set of blocks that were made in 2021. This is the top for my 30's Kaleidoscope Quilt.
30's Kaleidoscope quilt top
61" x 73"
I made one kaleidoscope block from every 30's reproduction fabric I had, and my sister sent me pieces of some of her 30's fabrics to include too. When I got through them all, I had a total of 190 blocks! I used 99 of them in this quilt, and the rest are waiting in a box.
Making the blocks wasn't too difficult, but joining them together was a tedious process with lots of pinning necessary. It was worth it though, because I am thrilled with the way it turned out. I almost wish I had used more of the blocks and made a bed-sized quilt instead, but it's too late for that now.
Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday and Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday.
Happy quilting everyone!
Julie in GA
Isn’t it amazing how these blocks with only straight seams can make a quilt that looks like circles!?? Beautiful quilt. I love the colour wash! Gail at the cozy quilter. (Who also has blocks from previous RSC projects that are not put together yet. )
ReplyDelete30s fabrics always make me happy. Thanks for sharing the joy.
ReplyDeleteCongrats, Julie on your magnificent quilt. It is such a beauty. You almost have enough blocks to make a second quilt. ;^)
ReplyDeleteI love your setting with the colors flowing across the quilt. Kaleidoscope is one of my favorite blocks.
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous quilt! Sadly, I'm also afflicted with starting new RSC projects and not completing the. So I only started two new blocks this year and have completed the quilts. Time to start finishing up the older ones.
ReplyDelete