Sunday, December 31, 2017

Last Stash Report Sunday of 2017

Today is the day to wrap up the stash reports for 2017. My stash goals for the year were to use 100 yards of fabric and to use more fabric than was added for the year. I came up just a little short on the first goal, using a total of 94.25 yards. I'm okay with that, especially since I did very well at limiting additions to only 36 yards for the year. 

There were some additions last week and also some usage. Our Christmas travel included visits to a few quilt shops, and I got some more black-on-white prints to use in Bonnie Hunter's 2017 mystery. I've been using up a lot of my stash of BOW, so I'm glad to add these to the collection. Love that thimble print!

I also used one yard of fabric last week on a last-minute Christmas gift. I made this tablerunner for my musician husband, and he loved it! It was started and finished on Christmas Eve while he was away playing church services.
Last year I made a Christmas tree skirt with the same fabric, and I don't think it ever showed up on the blog. Here it is under our tree. The little patchwork tree ornament was made many (15-20) years ago.

2017 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:              1.0 yards
Used year to date:       94.25 yards
Added last week:           2.75 yards
Added year to date:       36.0 yards

Net used year to date: 58.25 yards


My stash goals for 2018 are the same as they were this year--use at least 100 yards and add less fabric to the stash than gets used. I've had these same stash goals for the past several years, ever since I started tracking my stash usage.  I've reached both goals only once and came very close one other year. All told, it has been very interesting to track these numbers and be more aware of how much fabric I am using and adding to my stash.

2017:  94.25 used           36.0 added         58.25 net used
2016:  98.875 used      169.25 added       70.375 net added
2015:  167.25 used        150.0 added         17.25 net used
2014:  124.875 used   150.625 added        25.75 net added
2013:  101.0 used         104.25 added         3.25 net added
2012:  69.75 used           126.5 added       56.75 net added

TOTALS 2012-2017:  656 yards used, 735.625 yards added, 80.625 yards added


I am continuing to join Kate at Life in Pieces in tracking how many days each week I get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. We were out of town for a few days, and I didn't do any quilting on those days (unless you want to count visiting quilt shops.) I'm including today in the final count, and my total for the year finished at 95.9%. All those short stretches of quilting time really add up!

15 Minute Challenge:  
12/24 - 12/31                5 of 8 days
2017 Total              350 of 365 days

I'm hoping to have some time later today to look back and tally up how many quilting projects I started and finished this year. Those numbers will appear in a later blog post.

Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate, and add your own report so we can keep the linky going. 

Happy New Year and happy quilting to all!


Julie in GA

3 comments:

  1. You should be proud of how well you did this year. I can't imagine ever using 100 yards, but I'm with you on the use more than I add goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stash usage for the year, even if you didn't hit 100 yards. I am also really impressed with your number of days with 15 minutes of quilting! Love your black & white fabrics. I always enjoy collecting those :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a very successful year of stash management and on finding time to stitch. You get a solid A in finding time to stitch. I only managed 15 minutes 89.59% of the time. So assuming rounding is allowed, I just barely squeaked by with an A for the year. Looking forward to seeing what shows up under your needle next year. Have a very happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...