Sunday, June 18, 2017

Stash Report Sunday 6/18/17

Yesterday I finished up the rest of my yellow Ribbon Star blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, using 1.5 yards of scraps. You can see the first set of blocks HERE. I'm almost ready to report a larger amount used on another project, but haven't sat down to figure out the numbers yet. Hopefully that will happen next week.

It has been almost exactly a month since the last addition to my stash. I've been able to avoid buying much new fabric this year, mostly by staying out of the quilt shops/fabric stores and deleting most of the on-line store emails. I gave in to a sale at Connecting Threads recently because there was a book I really wanted to get, and since I was already paying shipping... I'm a sucker for black and white prints, also for red, white & blue. The two lavender fabrics are just because I don't have much of that color in my stash. They will be useful for future rainbow projects.





2017 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:             1.50 yards
Used year to date:      50.875 yards
Added last week:            2.50 yards
Added year to date:        7.75 yards

Net used year to date:  43.125 yards


I am continuing to join Kate at Life in Pieces in tracking how many days each week I manage to get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. I am back on track with getting in my 15 minutes or more for stitching every day.

15 Minute Challenge:  
6/11 - 6/17                7 of 7 days
2017 Total          164 of 168 days



Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate, and add your own report so we can keep this linky going.

Julie in GA

6 comments:

  1. Adding only 2.5 yards is pretty restrained acquisition. Congrats on the great stash numbers this year and on finding time to stitch. You are doing great on both fronts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black and white fabrics are always a good choice. I think I have something similar to the white with black hash marks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the black and whites! They are always quality stash builders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great additions and fantastic numbers for the year so far - it really does work to avoid the shops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really impressed with how much you've used and how little you've bought!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...