Monday, April 25, 2016

Design Wall Monday 4/25/16

Despite having plenty of stitching time over the weekend, I don't have a whole lot to show on my design wall today. I did finish putting together the pinwheels baby quilt using the second layout that I showed in last week's post (thanks to all for the feedback!) Here is the back that I pieced together for that quilt. The fabrics are all flannels, and that animal print is just adorable!



I finished making the rest of my orange whacky pinwheel blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2016 Sampler. These blocks were easy to make, and I really like the way they look together. I can imagine making a whole quilt with this block pattern (maybe the next baby quilt?) The blocks finish at 6".


I am sharing with Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times, and  Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt.



Julie in GA

6 comments:

  1. Great whacky pinwheel blocks. They would make a great baby quilt. Your backing fabric is adorable and will look nice with your baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful, sunshiny orange blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That whacky pinwheel block looks great. I seem to be drawn to orange in all its variations. These really speak to me. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wondering how these blocks would look laying side-by-side. I think it would be interesting to drop each block to the right just enough to align the horizontal orange strips. Maybe I'll have to make some and play. Your blocks are gorgeous - vibrant and full of energy.
    --Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm....those orange blocks are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did get a lot of stitching done! The wacky pinwheel blocks turned out beautifully. Hope you've been able to keep up the momentum and stitch a lot this week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...