Last year Judy at Patchwork Times hosted the "Get It Done" challenge, where participants posted a list of four or more quilting goals for the month. Then at the end of the month, we reported back on how we did on our goals plus listed a new set of goals for the following month. I found that publicly posting a list of goals really kept me focused on reaching them and reduced (but did not eliminate) the starting of random, unplanned projects. Sometimes those new ideas are just too irresistible!
Because this challenge was such a good experience for me, I am planning to continue it on my own this year. I am a little behind with my wrap-up for January and plans for February. I was quite successful with my January list, completing four out of five goals.
January 2014 goals:
1. Scrappy Sampler--finish making bowties for border DONE 1/18, TOP FINISHED 1/26
2. Scrap Hexies--make blue hexie star & snowflakes DONE 1/28
3. Rainbow Scrap Challenge--decide on my project and make blue blocks DONE 1/13 (9 blue LeMoyne Stars)
4. Tell It to the Stars (Judy L. mystery)--make January blocks DONE 1/3
5. Begin quilting Dancing Stars Nothing done
February 2014 goals:
1. Bowtie Baby Quilt--finish quilt (finish making blocks, assemble quilt top, and get it quilted/bound--baby's due date is March 11th)
2. Scrap Hexies--make RSC hexie star & snowflakes
3. Rainbow Scrap Challenge--make 6-8 LeMoyne Stars in pink
4. Tell It to the Stars (Judy L. mystery)--make February blocks
Planning my "Get It Done" goals for February also fits in with deciding on my February plan for A Lovely Year of Finishes 2014.
That covers my quilting plans and goals for February. Even though it is a short month, I hope to reach the goals that I have set. Watch for the next update at the beginning of March.
Julie in GA
Love all your projects. I set myself monthly goals but I haven't done as well as you. This year though is the year of quilting as I have loads of flimsies that need to be finished xxReplyDelete
You had a great January. I've not done so great with keeping up with the 15 minute challenge since I quit hosting it, something about having to fess up each week seems to be a key motivator. Good luck with your February goals.ReplyDelete