Sunday, December 10, 2017

Stash Report Sunday 12/10/17

It seems like the floodgates have been opened for fabric buying around here. After adding only 8.25 yards of fabric to my stash through nearly 11 months this year, I succumbed to the Black Friday sales once again. It started with a trip to JoAnn's to get one fabric for a Christmas gift (plus a couple other pieces of course. These were counted in my stash report last week.) That was closely followed by orders to both Connecting Threads and Hancock's of Paducah.

Below you can see my many additions. My main goal was to get more greys to use in the Bonnie Hunter mystery "On Ringo Lake," and I was successful on that count. I have gotten everything washed up and look forward to cutting into it very soon.


Magenta & Grey Sampler from Connecting Threads

Other fabrics from Connecting Threads

Fabrics from Hancock's of Paducah
My only disappointment with my purchases was that the fat quarter bundle that I got from Hancock's (XOXO by Michele D'Amore, shown across the bottom of the photo) did not include the same fabrics as had been shown on their website. There were a couple of prints that I might have bought yardage of if I had known they weren't going to come with the bundle. 

The totals for the week: +9.5 yards from Connecting Threads and +6 yards from Hancock's. No fabric used for the week.


2017 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:              0.0 yards
Used year to date:       90.25 yards
Added last week:         15.50 yards
Added year to date:     33.25 yards

Net used year to date: 57 yards


I am continuing to join Kate at Life in Pieces in tracking how many days each week I get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. I was able to find some time for quilting every day over the past week, although most days were only short periods of time, no full-day sewing sessions.

15 Minute Challenge:  
12/3 - 12/9                 7 of 7 days
2017 Total            331 of 343 days


Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate, and add your own report so we can keep the linky going. 


Julie in GA

5 comments:

  1. Well, for me, going to any fabric store ("bricks and mortar" or online) is akin to going to "see" puppies--you canNOT come home without one!! LOL I like all your grays a lot--nice neutrals...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the neutrals. After a point, some additions are necessary. I find I run out of the colors I use most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am low on grays too. I asked for some for Christmas, so maybe....
    I'm going to count my days next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least you are still in the black after your fabric splurge. You got some pretty stuff. Hopefully some of it will go right back out as part of the mystery quilt. You did a lot better than I did last week on finding time to stitch. I'm going to have to be dedicated the next three weeks to get in my sewing time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...