Monday, December 11, 2017

Mystery Monday Part 3

This is the third weekly post to share progress on the new Bonnie Hunter mystery "On Ringo Lake." I didn't get much stitching done on this clue, just a few units to test Bonnie's different methods for making them. It's a good thing I checked, because my first attempts were coming out too big.




I got lots of the diamond pieces cut, but still need to cut many more background triangles to go with them.



I'm joining the link-up for the On Ringo Lake mystery over at Bonnie's Quiltville blog. I'm also linking up to Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt, and Moving It Forward at Em's Scrapbag. Check out all of them for tons of amazing quilting inspiration! 

Julie in GA

9 comments:

  1. What pretty shades you have chosen for your Ringo Lake. I wish I were better at cutting and piecing to join in. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, please do give it a go, even if only making few blocks. You have to remember that one of the goals in participating in a (mystery) quilt along is improving you skills. Bonnie gives us excellent trouble shooting help in each of her mystery clues. It's like having a beginners on-line quilting class for free. I know that even after 20+ years of cutting and sewing, she has taught me some new tricks and techniques.

      Delete
  2. I totally echo Jocelyn's comment here...my cutting/piecing skills leave a whole lot to be desired...so I don't join in mysteries as I invariably get stuck...yours, on the other hand, look beautiful--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Julierose, please see my reply to Jocelyn, it really is well worth the effort even if only making a couple of blocks. You could use those blocks in a sampler quilt. :)

      Delete
  3. These look fabulous! I love your color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be great! I love seeing the different colors people choose. And you are so right about using the mystery quilt to improve piecing skills. I've learned so much over the last few years and that makes a difference in every quilt I make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting to see how your quilt will turn out. I loved her colours this year to I am doing those colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I really like the black and white with your gray fabrics, Julie!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...