Sunday, August 20, 2017

Stash Report and Design Wall

Since it is getting late in the day on Sunday, I am going to combine my Sunday Stash Report and Design Wall Monday posts into one. The stash report didn't seem to warrant it's own blog post since there are no changes to report--no fabric in or out this week. Lots of stitching going on, but no usage to count today.

2017 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:               0.0 yards
Used year to date:        62.50 yards
Added last week:              0.0 yards
Added year to date:        8.25 yards

Net used year to date:  54.25 yards


I am continuing to join Kate at Life in Pieces in tracking how many days each week I manage to get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. I'm back to stitching every single day and hope to continue that way through rest of the month.

15 Minute Challenge:  
8/13 - 8/19                 7 of 7 days
2017 Total          225 of 231 days


The Ring Cycles project continues to grow on my design wall. I finished 6 more of the basic hexie ring units, plus figured out the piecing for the corner and end units, which I am doing a little differently than the pattern. All the white triangles that you see in the photo are spaces where my design wall flannel is showing through. They will be filled with the same grey background fabric as the rest of the quilt. Progress on this quilt is slow, but I'm loving the way it looks, and that helps keep me motivated.

Ring Cycles, pattern by Lessa Siegele, available on Craftsy

Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate, and add your own report so we can keep the linky going. I'm also linking up to Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than Housework, Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt, and Moving It Forward at Em's Scrapbag. Check out all of them for tons of amazing quilting inspiration! 

Julie in GA

9 comments:

  1. I love your quilt! What an innovative design using nine patches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is complicated. Amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt. Jack's Chain has been on my to-do list for years and after seeing yours I may need to get started on it sooner rather than later.
    Marlene
    marlene@coveredinstitches.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just GORGEOUS! It's on my Quilter's Bucket List for sure. Too many quilts, too little time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful design. I actually like the white triangles peeking thru. They look like arrows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ring cycles is awesome. I've never seen it colored that way and it gives a whole different look to the quilt. It took me a minute to actually find the old pattern! You've done a fabulous job on your stash this year, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your progress on the Chain quilt - mine hasn't grown at all this year - seeing yours is really motivating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ring Cycles is looking gorgeous. I can only imagine how much work goes into piecing each block.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...