Monday, May 22, 2017

Design Wall Monday 5/22/17

Linking up with Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times was one of the reasons I started my blog back in 2012. I loved seeing what other quilters were working on and sharing my projects with them. Starting this week, Design Wall Monday will be hosted by Judy Hansen at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts. Thanks so much to Judy Laquidara for the many years of hosting the link-up, and another thank you to Judy H. for keeping it going.

I have been enjoying a lovely, lazy four-day weekend at home. I had hoped to be very productive, but didn't really get that much quilting done. I did make a baby quilt, which I will show when the binding gets finished. I've also started sewing background triangles to my Glorious Hexagons blocks in preparation for sewing them together into rows.



I'm happy with the way the dark fabric makes the bright colors in the hexagons pop. This is less than a quarter of my blocks--I think there are over 80 blocks made. Once the dark triangles are sewn onto all of them, I will spend my time getting them arranged in a pleasing pattern. I'm sure there will be plenty of shifting blocks around to spread out the hotter colors and to keep blocks with matching fabrics from being too close together. I can hardly wait!

I am linking up to Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt, and Moving It Forward at Em's Scrapbag. Check out all of them for tons of amazing quilting inspiration! 

Julie in GA

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks! They really pop with the dark triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hexie blocks! The dark triangles really let them shine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be a beautiful quilt. It will be fun to see all of the blocks put together. Thanks for sharing on Design Wall Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I lay out blocks I want my son Shane to come and take a look. He has such a good eye and actually enjoys it. Alas, he's in Kentucky right now and I'm in Utah. Wish I could help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun set of blocks. Looking forward to seeing them all up on the design wall.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...