Wednesday, June 24, 2015

WIP Wednesday--Improv Scrappy blocks

When visiting family in Wisconsin a few weeks ago, my sister and I started making scrappy blocks using some of the huge collection of scraps at our mother's house that had accumulated over the past several decades. You can read more about that visit and see plenty of photos of our project HERE.

We are hoping to have enough blocks made when I return there in a couple of weeks so that we can start putting them together into throw quilts. I finally started making some additional blocks this week. It's not as much fun making them by myself as it was working as a team, but I hope to have a dozen blocks done when I go back.



These blocks feature some old favorite friends--Holly Hobbie, Raggedy Andy, and the Cheshire Cat. None of us remembers what the piece of Alice in Wonderland fabric was used for, but it is adorable!



I am linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced. Check it out for tons of amazing ideas and inspiration. 


Julie in GA

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is awesome fabric! Love the scrappy blocks, great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Alice fabric. Great blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! Looking forward to seeing it grow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...