Saturday, June 27, 2015

The Turquoise Collection

We are nearing the end of our month of light blue and greenish blue for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. My focus has been on using my turquoise scraps. I have completed 10 appliqued circle blocks and 48 bowtie blocks. I still have a couple more of the circles prepped for stitching. To save time I decided to put both kinds of blocks up on the design wall together for a photo, and they look pretty good to me.



I haven't made much progress on a turquoise UFO this month. I did pull out a box that had already-cut pieces and extra blocks from the Storm at Sea quilt that I finished a couple years ago (you can see it HERE.) I have no idea what the leftovers might become, but maybe I will have something to show next week.

Check out all of the terrific scrappy rainbow projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. On Sunday I will also be linking up to Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than Housework.


Julie in GA

15 comments:

  1. Great progress this month. Your blocks do look good together. Sometimes combinations surprise you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! They DO look super together. Thanks for the link to your Storm at Sea quilt. Oh, my goodness, it's gorgeous. That border is an incredible addition. I have a Storm at Sea with no borders yet. It's been hanging on my wall for...ummm....ten years? Waiting for an epiphany, but I don't think I have the oomph to be quite so creative! Now you've got me thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good to me too! What a lovely bunch of turquoise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turquoise is such a versatile, wonderful color -- love seeing your two styles of blocks together, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah, turquoise and aqua two of my absolute favorite colors, so restful and happy. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those bowties do make a pretty frame for your circles!
    Thanks for the link to that gorgeous Storm at Sea. The border just leaves me breathless. (I've wanted to make a SaS since forever - maybe I should just start?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see the makings of a new quilt pattern here! The bow ties and circles look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the combination of those two blocks together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the appliqued circles and admire them each time I visit your blog. The storm at sea is STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Luscious blocks and I agree with other commenters that these two blocks in this setting look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that does make for an interesting set doesn't it? I never did get to my turquoise scraps afterall. There was more light blue than I realized!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did my RSC blocks in turquoise too. It is such a pretty color. Thanks for sharing your wonderful blocks with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blocks do look good together! I'm saving my aqua and turquoise for another month.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...