Saturday, June 20, 2015

Scrappy Turquoise Saturday

Quilting took a back seat to travelling this week, leaving me with little to show for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge today. I did add a few more turquoise circle blocks to my previous group. I agree with everyone who left comments last week saying that the blocks look better on point like this.


"True Colors" pattern by Nancy Mahoney
from her book Simple Circles and Quick Curves

Before we left town, I finished the borders on my quilt of 12" LeMoyne Star blocks. These blocks were made for the RSC in 2014. The first version had a wider border of the bright striped fabric, but I ended up cutting it down so it would be less prominent. Those scrappy stars need to be the focus of this quilt. It was a small change, but I am much happier with it this way.


Rainbow LeMoyne Stars
53.5" x 68"

Check out all of the terrific scrappy rainbow projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. On Sunday I will also be linking up to Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than Housework.


Julie in GA

11 comments:

  1. Your circles are amazing. And your LeMoyne quilt is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your LeMoyne stars are really shining now. What a great flimsy! The circle blocks are stunning, as usual. :- )

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have such beautiful projects going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Lemoyne star top. Love your circles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful quilt!!! Your LIGHT BLUE circles are looking good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful quilt. I don't know how wide the other border was but what you have now is perfect. Love the circle blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! Your stars are Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great progress on the stars. Sometimes the small design decisions make everything end up just right. Circles on point and a smaller border both look like great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blocks and quilt top are both fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous job on that star quilt top. I love everything about it! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...