Monday, June 22, 2015

Design Wall Monday 6/22/15

Yesterday I finished making turquoise bowtie blocks, one of my projects for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this year. I ended up with 48 blocks this month and decided to combine them on the design wall with the blue blocks from earlier in the year. This represents two colors out of six that are done so far this year, 96 blocks out of close to 300 that have been made. Probably another 200 - 250 blocks more by the end of the year. They could turn into several bowtie quilts eventually.



I saw a bowtie quilt that used the same layout of blocks at a quilt show recently, and I really liked the look of that quilt. Of course, it helps that their blocks finished at 2". If my math is correct, this quilt has 768 blocks in it. My blocks finish at 4", and a quilt with the same number of blocks would measure 96" x 128". Far too big for any of our beds! I still have several months to go before I have to decide how to join all my blocks together.


"Little Bowties" by Linda Simons and Shawn Hooten
displayed at ECQG show 6/2015
I am linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Timeswhere you can see all sorts of amazing quilting inspiration! I am also linking up to Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt.

Julie in GA

4 comments:

  1. Great bow tie blocks! I really like the layout you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the layout of that bow tie quilt. Maybe just a fewer blocks version of it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blues are yummy, and that they are bow ties, priceless. I think I'd just make mine blue. The one from the show is gorgeous, too. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice bowtie blocks. I was at a retreat several years ago where a lady finished a full size top out of 2" finished bowties and it was breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...