Monday, January 19, 2015

Design Wall Monday 1/19/15

It feels good to have something different up on my design wall, especially since I have a finished quilt top to show!

These blocks were started as part of a Quilts of Valor block drive hosted by Alycia back in 2013. I made about 20 blocks around Labor Day that year, then they got tucked away in my sewing room. Last October I pulled them out again, made some more blocks, played with different layouts, then put them away again. This month I am trying to clear out some of my UFOs, and this was the first project to be chosen.



I got all of the blocks joined together on Saturday, then added borders yesterday. There really are borders on the left side too--I couldn't get the whole quilt in my photo through the bathroom doorway. Next thing is to pull some fabrics for a backing.

I am linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times, where you can see all sorts of amazing quilting inspiration! I am also linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for more incredible quilt viewing.


Julie in GA

11 comments:

  1. Wow! Great colors. What a fun quilt. Happy UFOing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Bold and beautiful! Congrats on getting one of your UFOs to the finished flimsy stage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt setting--it looks 3-D! hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. It truly does look 3-D!! Congratulations on an awesome finished top!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors and the way the blocks seem to be stacked on top other blocks. Great job setting them together.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun, fun quilt! I have enjoyed watching your progress with this one. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the geometric look is wonderful! The colors work well too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how the design seems to recede or come forward -- 3 dimensions. nice job and yea for working on a ufo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have made the Bento quilt that looks similar and White Labyrinth that has the same layout idea but never combined the two. Great idea. Your colors are working!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great! Doesn't it feel good to have another ufo behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh - that is great. I saw your photo on confessions and I thought - wow - that looks familiar - and then I click and I knew it!! Love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...