Friday, July 11, 2014

Musical Stars Baby Quilt

It has been a long time since I was so excited about a simple little baby quilt, but it is also rare for one of my quilts to come together so quickly. 

This quilt started with the fabrics. My husband (the quilt shop enabler) spotted these fabrics from the line "Let There Be Music" by Windham Fabrics. We are friends with a couple who are expecting their first child in October. They are both musicians; one plays the trumpet, and the other plays the viola. These fabrics couldn't be more perfect!!



A few more music-themed fabrics were added to make the stars. The star blocks finish at 8". They were joined together with striped music fabric for sashing and borders.






Here is the completed quilt top. Not your typical baby quilt colors, but I just love it, and I hope the new parents will too!

Musical Stars Baby Quilt
36" square


I am linking up to Let's Make Baby Quilts! at Michelle's Romantic Tangle, and to Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

Julie in GA

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The baby will love the black, white and red! Great job and very appropriate for a baby musician.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute, I bet the parents are thrilled!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love music quilts. These colors are great because the baby will be able to see them at a very young age and then will grow into the details of the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great. I love the description of Your Guy as the "quilt shop enabler". Too funny.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...