Monday, February 10, 2014

Bowtie Baby Quilt

I had a Bowtie Baby Quilt weekend extravaganza! I finished making blocks on Saturday and played with a couple more layout possibilities (check out this post for other layout ideas.) On Sunday I joined the blocks together for the first baby quilt (I have enough blocks for at least one more.) In the evening I was able to add the border and now have a finished quilt top!

Bowtie Baby Quilt top
36" x 46"

The border fabric provided the inspiration for this quilt's color palette. Next I need to find a fabric for the backing and figure out how to quilt this. Time is short--baby is due in one month!

I am linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times. Check it out for tons of amazing ideas and inspiration. I am also linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced and Fabric Frenzy Friday at Fort Worth Fabric Studio.


Julie in GA

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the lay out you picked. The border fabric is fun and really pulls all the blocks together. Good luck getting it all finished up. The new mommie will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute quilt! Thanks for sharing on DW Monday ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great baby quilt! These colors are so much fun. Makes me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Bowties! I've been wondering why suddenly my old posts on Bowties are getting so many hits via Google searches. I'm guessing your beautiful blocks and layouts have something to do with that! Have fun quilting these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love bow tie quilts and love how you laid them out! the colors are beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It quilt is beautiful. I love the layout of the blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...