Sunday, October 21, 2012

Stash Report Sunday 10/21/12


It has been a quiet week as far as quilting.  I have been looking at a couple of patterns for possible Christmas gifts, but haven't gotten any further than planning.  I did make this week's Grandmother's Choice block, and I have also counted the yardage for the last few of those.  Since they are all different, I find it easier to calculate the amount of fabric used as I finish each block rather than waiting until they are all done.

I went to the Georgia Quilt Show in Duluth yesterday.  It wasn't the biggest quilt show ever, but there were some amazing quilts there.  Here are photos of a couple of my personal favorites.  I have been wanting to make an uneven pineapple quilt for quite some time.  I love the movement in this pattern.  This is called "My Color Wheel Exploded" by Dorinda Evans of Madison, MS.


This leafy quilt also has great movement to it.  The way the blocks twist and turn gives the feeling of the leaves falling through the air.  Love the beautiful colors too!  This one is "Tumbling Leaves" by Connie Lord of Sparta, GA.



You can see photos of all the quilts entered in the show here.


Used this week: .75
Used year to date: 51.25 yards
Added this week:   0 yards
Added year to date:  84.5 yards

Net year to date: 33.25 yards added


Check out more stash reports at Patchwork Times.


Julie

2 comments:

  1. Your numbers are great. Yipes, Christmas is just a few short weeks away, I also have to get busy with my projects. Glad you found inspiration at the quilt show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your two personal favorites from the quilt show too. I'm a sucker for scrap quilts and these are two great examples. Scraps that are beautiful when put together so well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...