Saturday, May 18, 2019

Scrappy Rainbow Saturday--Week 20, 2019

The scrappy orange fun continues with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge all through the month of May. My main orange stitching for the past week was to make my Framed Crumb Star. 



Before anyone new asks, there's no published pattern for this block (at least, not that I know of.) My blocks will finish at 12". The crumb center is a 4" finished square (4.5" with seam allowances) and the frame around the outside is made with 2.5" squares.

There was some time during the week for hand stitching too, and I finished five more Orange Peel blocks in orange. Here they are with the crumb star.




Seeing those Orange Peel blocks next to the star block makes me think they might look good as the border on a rainbow quilt. Probably best on a quilt with similar black and dark grey backgrounds--maybe a project for next year?

I am linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge on Saturday and with Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than Housework and Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts on SundayBe sure to check out all of the wonderful projects that everyone is sharing! 

Julie in GA

10 comments:

  1. I agree, orange peels would make an interesting border. I look forward to what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like that star block especially since it is crumb pieced

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your star, too - especially with the squares all around it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As soon as I saw those orange peels, I was thinking the same thing -- would make a great border. Your orange blocks are beautiful, very rich colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think those ORANGE Peel blocks look AWESOME with your Crumb Star block! I would totally use them to border that quilt. They give the border some drama!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny how quilts seem to design themselves right in our sewing rooms. I like the idea of the Orange peel border. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think those peels would make a great border around those crumb star blocks! So pretty and cheerful in orange.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The orange peels would make a wonderful border!
    The orange block is so pretty... I love that background fabric from the Good Neighbors fabric line... yum!
    Enjoy your slow stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those orange peel blocks would make a great border. The crumb star block looks like a great block to use up some odds and ends left over from other projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the orange peels would look nice scattered across a bigger quilt top too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...