Thursday, May 24, 2018

Hands 2 Help and a Change of Plans

I can finally share the finished quilt I made for Sarah's Hands 2 Help Challenge. The thing that changed is which quilt got finished. My original quilt was a blue and yellow Sister's Choice quilt (see it in process HERE) that was being assembled and quilted with a quilt-as-you-go method that is new to me. I realized there was no way I could finish that quilt in time, so it meant switching to Plan B.

I started this quilt top over a year ago, following a tutorial at Kat and Cat Quilts for her "Four-Fat-Quarter Baby Quilt." I scaled my blocks a little bigger, started with pieces that measured 20" x 24". My blocks finished at 16.5" x 20.5" each. After adding the sashing and borders, the top finished at 42.5" x 50".


Wonky Log Cabins quilt, 42.5" x 50"
tutorial at Kat and Cat Quilts

Wonky Log Cabins quilt back

This quilt will get packed up over the weekend and will be on it's way to Emily for Happy Chemo, to be given to patients undergoing chemo. I hope this quilt will help brighten up someone's day very soon.

Check out Sarah's blog page to see all the other quilts being donated to a variety of charities. There are over 170 quilts already posted to her page! Many thanks once again to Sarah for all her hard work in organizing the Hands 2 Help challenge!


Julie in GA

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt, Julie! Sometimes Plan B is the right one after all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very bright and fun! Sorry you weren't able to get the Sister's Choice quilt done in time. But there's always next year right?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...