My One Monthly Goal for the month of February was to finish assembling the top for my "On Ringo Lake" quilt. I was barely able to meet that goal, but unfortunately did not have a chance to get photos of the top and write a blog post about it in time to link up at the end of February. Since I missed that deadline, there didn't seem to be a reason to rush into the reveal post, but today is finally the day!
I started this project in November, 2017, as part of Bonnie Hunter's annual Thanksgiving to New Year's mystery quilt. I liked Bonnie's color scheme very much, but felt the need to go my own direction. I replaced her colors of aqua/turquoise, chocolate brown, and salmon/coral with red, black and grey, plus black-on-white for the backgrounds. My choices were inspired by several of my sewing-themed fabrics.
The prints in the first photo were too large for all the little pieces we used in our quilts, but you can definitely see my color inspiration. The fabrics in the next photo were all included in the quilt piecing.
Here is a close shot showing off some of my fabrics. I can see a few sewing prints with needles, pins, zippers, scissors, etc. There are also some music-themed fabrics, which I have been collecting to make a quilt for my musician husband.
Bonnie's quilt was designed to finish at 75" x 90". I made about 2/3 of all the different units for a finished size of 60" x 75", good for a throw quilt. Here is my version of On Ringo Lake. The red, black and grey fabrics inspired the name for my quilt--Fire and Smoke (On Ringo Lake.) It feels so wonderful to have this one completed!
|Fire and Smoke (On Ringo Lake)|
60" x 75"
Needle and Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation
Whoop Whoop Friday at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts
Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than Housework
Julie in GA