Sunday, December 16, 2012

Stash Report Sunday 12/16/12

This week I finished up a tote bag that is going to be a Christmas gift.  That used up over 2 yards of fabric.  I must have made around 20 of these bags over the past 8-10 years, most as gifts for family & friends.
I have been keeping up on Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street mystery, but haven't figured out how much fabric I have used yet.  Maybe next week (since I would like to subtract that fabric from this year's total.)

It's hard to believe that the year is nearly over and there are only two more stash reports to go for 2012.  This has been my first year of blogging and of keeping track of my stash.  I haven't used up as much fabric as I had hoped, but it is interesting to watch the numbers change.  It's also fun to read other people's reports--I am so impressed by the ones who use up hundreds of yards of fabric in one year.


Used this week:  2.25 yards
Used year to date: 66.75 yards

Added this week:   0 yards
Added year to date:  105 yards

Net year to date: 38.25 yards added


Check out more stash reports at Patchwork Times.



Julie

2 comments:

  1. The first year is an eye opener but the second blows your mind! You realize you really do buy more fabric than you will use in 3 lifetimes or at least it was that way for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fabric on this bag closely resembles the color on your Easy Street. It would be great for some pillowcases if you have any more of it, Just a thought.
    I also realized I purchase way more than I use and this year I will remain accountable and try to reverse that trend. Jane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...