Sunday, June 24, 2012

Stash Report Sunday 6/24/12

I missed making a stash report last Sunday because we were out of town all week.  That meant no stash reduction, but  there have been some additions.

Our first stop on the trip was Paducah, KY, which of course meant a visit to Hancock's.  The only other times I have been there were during the AQS show when the place is a madhouse.  It was so different this time--plenty of room to wander the aisles, and most of the other people there were workers filling on-line orders.  I discovered that the many fabrics listed at sale prices on the website are not marked down if you buy them at the store.  The sale prices only apply if you order on-line. 

We spent a night in St. Louis and went to a baseball game there.  I saw a woman at the game with a great tote bag made from a baseball print fabric.  The next day I found that very fabric at a local quilt shop, plus a coordinating one at another store a few days later.



In the nine days that we were gone, I visited 5 quilt shops/fabric stores (including Hancock's twice) and bought just over 10 yards of fabric.  It could have easily been two or three times that much, but I am determined to concentrate on using up more of my stash this year.

Used this week:  0 yards
Used year to date: 39-1/2 yards
Added this week:   10-1/4 yards
Added year to date:  53-1/2 yards
Net year to date: 14 yards added

Check out more stash reports at Patchwork Times.


Julie

3 comments:

  1. It's amazing how fast the fabric adds up when you are visiting multiple shops. You did really well on the management front.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to combine fabric shopping with a vacation. You were in my neighborhood while in StL - hope the Cardinals won for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be fun to visit Hancock's. I enjoy looking through their catalog. Too bad the sale prices aren't in effect when shopping in person.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...