Sunday, October 4, 2026

Sunday Stash and Stitching 10/4/2026



We took a little road trip last week, and the primary stop was Hamilton, Missouri, the home of Missouri Star Quilt Co. It was such a treat to shop for fabric in person, and the Missouri Star stores are wonderful. I went with a list, which may have helped me limit my purchases by a little bit, but I still ended up buying more than I expected.


I have specific plans for the fabrics on the left side (two pairs of pajama pants, a jacket lining, and a quilt back.) The upper three fabrics on the right are intended for some of my rainbow quilt projects, and the black/white prints will be added to the general stash.

The trip home went through Paducah, so of course I did some shopping there too. The top two fabrics are both wide backs, and the others are regular width. I've used that wavy print at the top before, and I was very happy to get the end of the bolt. Total yardage added to the stash was 35.75 yards.


I can count some fabric as used too. I finished 15 tote bags, which our guild donates to the church where we meet. Unfortunately, I forgot to get any photos of them before turning them in. I also finished the binding on my Stack and Whack Spinners Quilt, which I shared a few days ago. Almost 8 yards used.
2026 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:               7.875 yards
Used year to date:        144.625 yards
Added last week:              35.75 yards
Added year to date:          197.5 yards
Net added in 2026:     52.875 yards



Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. Surprisingly enough, there was only one day in the last two weeks that didn't include some sort of quilting activity, mostly hand applique during the week we were gone. Here are two blocks for my Jane Stickle Sampler Quilt that were finished recently.


15 Minute Challenge 2026
9/20 - 9/26             6 of 7 days
9/27 - 10/3             7 of 7 days
2026 Total        269 of 276 days
Success rate                97.5%   

Our stop in Paducah also included a visit to the National Quilt Museum, a fantastic place to see amazing quilts. There were three new exhibits that have gone up recently, and my favorite was a collection of kaleidoscope quilts by Paula Nadelstern. Here's just one of her incredible quilts.


Kaleidoscopic XVII: Caribbean Blues by Paula Nadelstern, 1997


Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces. Thanks so much to Donna and Kate for continuing to host these link-ups. 

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

1 comment:

  1. You were amazingly restrained on the fabric purchases. I've been to Missouri Star, way too much temptation! Congrats on all the stitching time the last couple of weeks. It's not easy to stitch on the road.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...