Sunday, October 20, 2019

Stitching and DeStashing--Week 42, 2019

It was a fairly quiet week as far as the stash report is concerned. I used 3/8 yard of fabric to make two more Framed Crumb Stars for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. You can see them in yesterday's post. 

For the first time in nearly two months, there was fabric added to the stash. After deciding last weekend to continue making more of my Orange Peel blocks, I knew that I would need to add some more black prints to my collection for the backgrounds. I got four fat quarters yesterday that will bring more variety to the quilt. I will probably continue to pick up a few more black and dark grey pieces here and there when I find them.





2019 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                           .375 yards
Used year to date:                      48.75 yards
Added last week:                            1.0 yards
Added year to date:                    51.75 yards
Net stashed year to date:           3.0 yards




Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. I've continued finding stitching time every day, usually hand applique on the train in the mornings and some time at the machine in the evenings. 

15 Minute Challenge:  
10/13 - 10/19           7 of 7 days
2019 Total         275 of 292 days


Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting everyone!


Julie in GA

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful additions to your project! Your numbers look great! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, those greys are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found some great choices for backgrounds. I always have a hard time finding some that are the same tone, I never realized that black could have so many undertones till I tried to match one. Congrats on another week of 7 out of 7 days on the stitching front.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're buying something to work with, is that really in your stash? I don't think that counts. I only add leftovers in after my project is done. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...