Sunday, May 26, 2019

Stitching and DeStashing--Week 21, 2019

There was plenty of quilting going on around here last week, but also a little garment sewing. I used to make lots of clothing for myself, but haven't done so for several years. Last week I made a quick t-shirt with a pattern borrowed from my mother and a cute fabric remnant I'd found. I don't track clothing fabric as part of my stash report, so it doesn't change my numbers, but you can get a look at the new shirt.


I did finish a set of 12 Orange Stairsteps blocks (see a photo in yesterday's post) for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Fabric used: 5/8 yard, and no new fabric added.

2019 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                          .625 yards
Used year to date:                   14.875 yards
Added last week:                          0.0 yards
Added year to date:                   27.75 yards
Net stashed year to date:         12.875 yards




Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. I worked on a few different quilting projects throughout the week, getting in some quilting time every single day!

15 Minute Challenge:  
5/19- 5/25               7 of 7 days
2019 Total         133 of 145 days


Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting everyone!


Julie in GA

1 comment:

  1. Very cute shirt. I'm not sure I could remember to sew a 5/8" seam anymore after using 1/4" for all the quilt blocks I've made since my last garment. Congrats on finding time to stitch. Hopefully work has calmed down and it's gotten easier to fit in at more than a few minutes each day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...