Saturday, May 25, 2019

Scrappy Rainbow Saturday--Week 21, 2019

We are nearing the end of our month of orange scraps for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Last week I spent lots of time cutting more black, grey and white prints for my Stairsteps blocks. I'm hoping that I now have enough pieces cut for all the blocks I will make, but won't be sure until much later in the year.



 I also made my twelve orange blocks for the month. Bright and cheery!




The layout plan for combining all the colors keeps changing. Here is my current favorite idea with four colors; it would probably require 9 or 10 different colors.



Once I make four more red blocks, I will be halfway done making blocks for this quilt. I can't wait to see what color we get to work with in June!

I am linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge on Saturday and with Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than Housework on SundayBe sure to check out all of the wonderful projects that everyone is sharing! 

Julie in GA

17 comments:

  1. As usual, your blocks are gorgeous! Always special, love the backgrounds too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful layout idea for those stairstep blocks! They are pretty in all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed with your blocks so far. Wow. It is nice that you already have your black and whites cut. It makes it go so much quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it's fabulous... love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love what you are working on. Gosh! It is so beautiful and striking. I really love this one. You know that I need one too now. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the look of this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like that layout! Hope you have lots of stitching time this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These blocks are DEFINITELY going on my TO MAKE list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous quilt you've got going!! I love that layout too. That's quite the pile of black and white pieces just waiting to find their soul colors. Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. EEEP-it's fabulous with the four colors!! Curious as to how you would finish off the corners?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my that is going to be fantastic. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is STUNNING! I can't wait to see it further along!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...