Sunday, March 17, 2019

Stitching and Stashing--Week 11, 2019

Normally the title of my Sunday Stash Report post is Stitching and DeStashing, but that hasn't been true this week. There were no fabrics added to the stash in the first two months of this year, but that has certainly changed recently. For the third week in a row, there was an addition, this time a sizable one, and I couldn't be happier about it!



The fabrics in the photo above are all part of the "Something Blue" line by Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts. They were the prize in a recent giveaway at Meadow Mist Designs, with the fabrics contributed by Bear Creek Quilting, and I was the very lucky winner! 



This photo gives a better look at the enormous stack of fabric. There are 32 different prints in the Something Blue line, and there is a piece of every single fabric included here, plus duplicates of two of them. All pieces are full width of the fabric, and the lengths vary from 5" for the smallest pieces up to almost 18" for the largest. The grand total is about 10.5 yards! 

I have no idea what I will make with this bountiful collection, but I look forward to figuring it out. One idea was to include them in the Flying Dutchman/Dutchman's Puzzle sampler quilt that I started awhile back. The colors seems like they would fit right in. It might be time to unearth this project again.


There was a small amount of fabric usage to report as well. I used 5/8 yard to make a set of four veggie print potholders to replace the tired old ones that we had been using. I have several more vegetable prints from the same line of fabrics (Farmers Market II by Free Spirit, circa 2002-03), so there might be a few more potholders still to come.



2019 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                         .625 yards
Used year to date:                    4.875 yards
Added last week:                       10.5 yards
Added year to date:                   26.0 yards
Net stashed year to date:         21.125 yards




For the first time since the end of January, I was able to get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time every single day last week! I hope this is the first of many weeks with a 7 for 7 total. It's time to get my numbers back up above 90%!

15 Minute Challenge:  
3/10 - 3/16          7 of 7 days
2019 Total        63 of 75 days


Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting everyone!


Julie in GA

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colors and since you didn't purchase it, it shouldn't count.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your potholders. What a happy-making win of all of that beautiful fabric! It does seem to be perfect for more of your sampler blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh pretty! Those fabrics would definitely be great additions to the Flying Dutchman blocks or you could use them for a whole new project. Glad you were able to get back on schedule with the stitching time. Fingers crossed you are back on track and can quickly burn through all the additions and be back in the black soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a win! I love all her blue lines. You've done well not to add more than this. I don't count wins, but I'm probably keeping track for different reasons than you. Your 84% on year-to-date stitching days is impressive, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your fabric shopping! I was so good at my LQS yesterday, only buying the backing and binding fabrics I came in for, until I found out that Kaffe Fassett was coming to do a workshop there in October -- spent way more money securing my seat in that class than I would have spent stash shopping. Ah, well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...