Sunday, August 26, 2018

Seeing Stars QAL--Curvy Star Blocks

Over the weekend I worked on my second set of blocks for the Seeing Stars Quilt-Along, hosted by Melissa at Happy Quilting. Block #2 is the Curvy Star block, with Drunkard's Path units forming the center part of the star. Fortunately, the blocks are large (20" finished) which meant the curves were not difficult to sew. Thanks, Melissa, for getting us all to try sewing curves! Here are my two Curvy Star blocks along with the Double Stars from last week.



I'm planning to make a throw-size quilt that finishes around 60-64" x 80", so I only made two of each of these blocks. Melissa's quilt is 80" x 80". I haven't figured out how many of all of the blocks I will need for my version.

Time for the close-up shots. It's surprising how different the colors look in the two photos, but both blocks use the same two background fabrics.




I'm linking up to Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt, and Moving It Forward at Em's Scrapbag.  I'm also sharing my blocks with the Seeing Stars QAL link-up. Be sure to check out all of the wonderful projects that everyone is sharing! 


Julie in GA

6 comments:

  1. Your curvy star blocks came out perfect, Julie!! I didn't realize that type of block was pieced like Drunkard's Path. I guess I assumed it was reverse applique, or sorcery or something (hah!). Your festive Christmas prints are reminded me of my own Christmas quilt that demands attention... Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that curvy star block. Do the 20" blocks go together fast considering there aren't that many pieces? I need to hop over to Melissa's site to see what's going on. I could really put a Christmas quilt to good use -- as a fund raiser for a group I sing in.... thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your blocks are shaping up wonderfully. What a fun QAL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat idea! Those look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look awesome!!! Your curves are just perfect and your points are right on. Great job on getting them all sewn up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Your curved seams worked out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...