Saturday, August 4, 2018

A Rainbow of Spinning Boxes

Orange is the new color of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I love the zing that orange adds to scrappy quilts. My collection of orange scraps isn't huge, but I had plenty to choose from to make two Spinning Boxes blocks.


Spinning Boxes, tutorial HERE
One of my design walls was empty, giving me the perfect opportunity to take a look at the entire collection of Spinning Boxes blocks. My blocks finish at 10", and I have been making them since early February. I have been thinking about possible setting arrangements, which will help me decide how many blocks to make.




My preference is definitely to put the blocks on point. It seems much more energetic and interesting to me. If I make 18 blocks and set them on point, the quilt center would measure about 42" x 56". That would be a great size for a kid's quilt. That means I only need two more blocks! Then there is the question of what to use for the setting triangles? That will be the next decision to make.

I am linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge on Saturday and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday. Be sure to check out all of the wonderful projects that everyone is sharing! 

Julie in GA

12 comments:

  1. How about a white print with multi-cplored dots or swirls? Like comfetti? That is kid-friendly and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the On point layout, really catches the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun blocks. they will make a wonderful kids quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blocks and on point is the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those really are neat blocks, and I love all the color, too! I'll enjoy seeing how you finish it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun and colorful blocks! The on point setting works really well. Black or dark gray setting triangles would really show off those bright colors. Looking forward to seeing what you decide on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your spinning boxes, that is a great way to use your rainbow scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Those are so pretty up on your wall. It is going to make a great quilt for a kid. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ORANGE blocks definitely add energy to your quilt!! You are almost there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really like your block! I also like the on point setting. All the colors are beautiful together!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...