Monday, July 30, 2018

Setting the QOV Stars

After the positive responses to last week's post about the idea of setting my QOV blocks on point, I searched my stash for a fabric to use for the setting and corner triangles around the outside. There wasn't anything that was working for me, so I decided to finish it off with half blocks along the sides and quarter blocks for the corners. I have been working on making all of those parts. You can see some of the partial blocks along the top of the first photo and the left side and bottom of the second shot.


Double Delight Stars, pattern by Lynne Hagmeier
(I changed her block size from 6" to 12")

Once I finish making all of the half and quarter blocks, it will be time to play with the arrangement of colors on the design wall. After that they can all get joined together. I hope to have a finished quilt top in time for the next Design Wall Monday post!

I'm linking up to Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt, and Moving It Forward at Em's Scrapbag.  Be sure to check out all of the wonderful projects that everyone is sharing! 


Julie in GA

5 comments:

  1. Lovely setting--i especially like that paisley star with the water-ey blues around it...I've only made one "on point" setting=Pomegranates--but it is dynamic I think...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful blocks and setting! I love how setting block on point changes the whole look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is going to be so stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great solution for the setting triangles! It's a lot more work, but it's going to be so worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...