Monday, April 23, 2018

Design Wall Monday 4/23/18

This may be a very dull design wall to look at, but I find it exciting because it is a wonderful sign of forward progress. These strips are for the backing of the Sister's Choice blocks that I shared in last week's post. I am going to be quilting my blocks in rows, then joining the rows together. 



The second row from the left is already layered with batting, and the quilting has been started. Here is a view of the back of one block from that row.



And here is the quilted block from the front side. I still need to figure out how I am going to quilt the background areas around the stars.



I'm linking up to Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt, and Moving It Forward at Em's Scrapbag. Check out all of them for tons of amazing quilting inspiration! 


Julie in GA

6 comments:

  1. This will be lovely--Great idea quilting in rows like tha! Nice blues you'e chosen. Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice quilting. How about stitch in the ditch around the stars? I doubt if you really need to stitch in the background fabric. (Should I mention that I like to get 'er done?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think some dense quilting around the stars would make them pop and sort of puff up. Could be cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good idea to quilt in rows - please show us the completed quilt, and how you sew the rows together. It would be so much easier to handle just part of the quilt in the machine this way. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Monday, I appreciate you, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never quilted this way before. Is it hard to join the rows?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've gotten a good start on the quilting. Hope you can find time this week to finish it. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...