Saturday, March 3, 2018

Bright Green Scrappy Treasures

My recent search for bright green and yellow-green scraps for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge yielded a jackpot! I discovered a bag that contained scraps and leftovers from a costume project made two years ago, and many of the scraps were in the exact colors I needed.

We were working on a show based on the children's book Pancakes, Pancakes! by Eric Carle, the author of The Very Hungry Caterpillar and many others. The costume designs were intended to match the illustrations in the book, so the designer decided to have us piece together multiple fabrics, mostly batiks. Here is one panel that was made to become part of a pair of shorts. (Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of the finished garment.)


Today I found some scraps from this project, including some chunks of the pieced sections that were left over after we cut out the shorts. The long section at the bottom center measures about 7.5" x 17".

Pieced sections 

Batik scraps
I'm planning to continue piecing more of these scraps together, probably with the addition of some more batik fabrics from my stash. There's no definite plan for what these pieces will become, but I can't wait to see where they take me!

I am linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge on Saturday and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on SundayBe sure to check out all of the wonderful projects that everyone is sharing! 



Julie in GA

6 comments:

  1. Love it! Making fabric from scraps is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LIGHT/BRIGHT GREEN scraps in batiks? What could be better? Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowing you, you will come up with something totally awesome. I can’t wait to see what it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many green fabrics. Looking forward to seeing what they all turn into.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven’t had a chance to pull my greens yet. Yours are so bright and happy. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...