Monday, February 5, 2018

Design Wall Monday 2/5/18

Today is the final link-up for Bonnie Hunter's 2017 mystery "On Ringo Lake" where everyone can show the progress on their quilt. I would have loved to show a completed quilt top, but that just wasn't possible. Last night I made five more blocks, with four left to make for my planned 32 blocks total. I also need to make 8-10 more chevron sashing sections, and maybe a few more corner units, plus all but one of the outer setting triangles. After that I can start joining everything together.

On Ringo Lake mystery quilt
Pattern by Bonnie Hunter

Here's a shot of the upper half of my design wall, giving a slightly better look at fabrics, plus the single setting triangle at the top center. My setting triangle is slightly different than Bonnie's design. The red squares around the outer edges will actually be triangles; I just haven't cut any of them yet and had the squares available. 



I'm anxious to regain the use of my main design wall which has been filled with this project for several weeks. I'm hoping to get this quilt top assembled by the end of this month. Once all the remaining blocks and parts are made, I will spend some time rearranging pieces on the wall before stitching everything together.

The other thing still needed is a name for my version of On Ringo Lake--that name just doesn't seem to fit. Any suggestions will be very welcome, since I am drawing a total blank!

I'm joining the link-up for the On Ringo Lake mystery over at Bonnie's Quiltville blog. I'm also linking up to Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt, and Moving It Forward at Em's Scrapbag. Check out all of them for tons of amazing quilting inspiration! 

Julie in GA

13 comments:

  1. Looks great in your color combo! Great job getting so far along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fabulous Julie! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful. I love red and black.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your color choices. It's lovely! Mine is still in bits and pieces, but it will gradually take shape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if I've said this before, but I really love your color combo! I've been wanting to make a quilt in these colors for awhile now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. out of all the colors i've seen, this is my favorite by far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous...like 'Ringo Starr'!
    -Jean

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made a lot of progress on these blocks over the weekend. The colors make me think of smoke and fire. Maybe, "Smoke on the Water"?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally, absolutely LOVE your colorway! I can't wait to see it fully assembled.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt looks gorgeous, and it's not a race to the finish line. I know how you feel about having the design wall tied up, though. In my current studio this wouldn't be possible due to short walls, angled ceiling, windows and doorways -- but I'd love to have a studio someday with MULTIPLE design walls. A girl can dream... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. its beautiful. what a great looking quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...