Saturday, November 11, 2017

Scraptastic Star in Browns

I had hoped to get my Scrappy Trips blocks joined together into a quilt top last week, but that did not happen because I was focused on another quilt that is currently filling my design wall. That doesn't mean no progress on Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects though--I did make one 16" Scraptastic Star block using brown scraps.

Scraptastic Star
pattern by Melissa Corey

I figured out a tentative plan for these blocks as part of my RSC stitching for next year. I made two pink blocks last month using the same light fabric in both blocks for the stars and chains of squares, but then realized that I won't have enough of that fabric for two quilts. I will continue to use that fabric on my 12" blocks, but I'm switching things up for the 16" blocks. The plan is to pull out a white or cream based fabric that includes the color of the month in the print. I am crazy about the fabric I found for this brown block--sewing notions! (I used my flash on the following photo, which made it look much more yellow than it really is.)


I am linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge on Saturday and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on SundayBe sure to check out all of the wonderful projects that everyone is sharing! 



Julie in GA

16 comments:

  1. The block turned out great. That is such a cute fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that block! Perfect fabric for the star and light squares!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this looks so chocolate-y and good...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds a great plan for 2018. Your brown version turned out beautifully. I really like your "light" fabric for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your brown block. I love how the figures and designs in the prints change the way the color reads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love looking at all the different fabrics in scrappy blocks. You have some luscious browns. And, like you, I just love that notions fabric. How cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of wonderful BROWN scraps represented in this month's Scraptastic Star block. The notion fabric was the perfect choice for the star!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those scraptastic stars will be lovely! It looks good already. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect fabric for a perfect block....LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LIKE this blocks! Love star blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That,s a perfect background fabric. I like the idea of doing a special background fabric for each color. You're off to a fine start.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this scrappy block. I can't wait to see the secondary pattern once you start to put the blocks together. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these start blocks and can't wait to see them all come together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic block! (Which is making me hungry for chocolate for some reason...) Like Cynthia, I'm looking forward to seeing the secondary pattern. And I'm really intrigued with your making both sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like this block - such a good match for the RSC challenge or even a random scrappy quilt. Hmmm, that's got me thinking . . .

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like that you used the same light throughout instead of making it scrappy. It makes the star stand out. You really have some nice browns there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...