Sunday, September 10, 2017

Stash Report and Orange Scraps

The stash numbers are not changing in either direction this week--nothing used and nothing added. I have been slowly joining units together on my Ring Cycles quilt, and I am also working on some orange Ribbon Star blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, but nothing has been completed yet. I have been very tempted by recent sale emails from Hancock's of Paducah, but have managed to resist ordering anything yet. It was very difficult to stay strong through all the Labor Day sales last week!

2017 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:              0.00 yards
Used year to date:        63.25 yards
Added last week:              0.0 yards
Added year to date:        8.25 yards


Net used year to date:  55.0 yards


Here are some of the orange bits and pieces that will become Ribbon Star blocks. At the top is a stack of 3" strips. Below that are groups of HSTs, some ready to be stitched and others already completed. The squares on the right end will become the block centers. I hope to make 16-20 orange Ribbon Star blocks by the end of the month.



I am continuing to join Kate at Life in Pieces in tracking how many days each week I manage to get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. I missed one day of stitching last week, but plan to get back on track for the rest of the month.

15 Minute Challenge:  
9/3 - 9/9                   6 of 7 days
2017 Total          245 of 252 days

Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate, and add your own report so we can keep the linky going. I am also linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework

Julie in GA

4 comments:

  1. You've got some gorgeous oranges there! I'm looking forward to the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pretty oranges. They are all so organized and ready to use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are sure to have some gorgeous ORANGE blocks by month's end!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were better at resisting the sales then I was. Very pretty oranges. Looking forward to seeing your star blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...