Sunday, May 21, 2017

Stash Report Sunday 5/21/17

For almost 5-1/2 years, Sunday has been one of my most regular days for blog posts. That's because Sunday was the day to link up with the Stash Report at Patchwork Times. Earlier this week, Judy announced that she was discontinuing her hosting of the Stash Report because she is doing very little quilting these days.

Fortunately, I'm not the only one who enjoys tracking my fabric purchases and usage. Reporting those numbers on my blog keeps me aware and accountable. I'm very happy to learn that the stash reports will continue, at least for now, over at quiltpaintcreate.

I didn't file a stash report last week, so this one covers two weeks. I made six green Scrappy Trips blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, using 1.5 yards. You can see those blocks in yesterday's post. I also used 2.75 yards for a baby quilt. All that's left on that is to finish the binding.

For only the second time this year, I added some fabric to my stash (I'm still making up for my crazy shopping spree last December!) I bought 3.25 yards of this navy/teal print to use as the background and border for my Glorious Hexagons blocks. I've started cutting triangles from it and stitching them to two sides of each hexagon block.

Glorious Hexagons with background

2017 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:             4.25 yards
Used year to date:       45.75 yards
Added last week:           3.25 yards
Added year to date:       5.25 yards

Net used year to date:  40.5 yards

I am continuing to join Kate at Life in Pieces in tracking how many days each week I manage to get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. I was on vacation for one week and missed a couple of days, but have still managed to find that 15 minutes or more most days.

15 Minute Challenge:  
5/7 - 5/20              12 of 14 days
2017 Total          136 of 140 days


Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate, and add your own report so we can keep this linky going.

Julie in GA

3 comments:

  1. I love that background fabric. It's one of my favorite colors. Hexies are looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those hexagon are beautiful!!!! I love the fabric you used for background, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That teal looks gorgeous with those blocks. Sometimes you just have to add a bit to get to a finish. You are still doing really well with the 15 minutes a day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...